Monday, February 06, 2006

Ground Control To Major Tom, You've Really Made The Grade

Things I've been doing lately that are NOT blogworthy (Like anything I do is):
  • Reading scifi/fantasy paperbacks
  • Watching The Family Guy DVD's that James sent me
  • Endlessly playing the solo from "You Shook Me All Night Long" in the vain hope that constant repetition will give me decent lead chops
  • Working
  • Getting angry every Wednesday that doesn't hold a new episode of Lost
Things I've done recently that approach blogworthy:
  • Eh, I did watch the SuperBowl (Boo, referee's...)
But I'm still here. Still alive. Still kicking.

Anyone in the greater TriLakes area can come wish me happy birthday next Saturday - if we can find a babysitter (What is it about people not returning calls?) Cindy and I are going to go out to the Cascade Cross Country Ski Center (broken link - pay your internet bills!) for their full moon party - snowy trails with bonfires and beerkegs, paint me happy. Otherwise I'll be giving an unplugged performance in my living room to several empty cans of Guinness.

After watching the SuperBowl pregame, and SNL the night before, my hero of the moment right now is Aaron Neville.

Oh yeah-ee-ah-oh-ah...
neville
Hooray for silky voiced androgyny and facial tats! Hooray!

Perhaps I'll be playing "Don't Know Much" next Saturday...But you won't get to hear it unless you come over...

8 comments:

Sara said...

Hiya from London - Hope you're able to find a sitter & you enjoy the full moon party - is there enough snow for it? I thought Pete said no ice palace - must be weird!!! I'll have a Guiness in your honour on Saturday when I'm also celebrating end of term 2 over here!!

Unknown said...

Foto by Jorg Becker, Ja.

So, you're Lost too. Not I, but a good friend is as well. For some reason the one episode I watched made me wonder what a show based on a choose-your-own-adventure novel by HG Wells would be like....

Your birthday plans sounds very cool.

Aaron Neville, as in, "ya, my asthma is too bad for me to go back to New Orleans" Aaron?

Oh, and I'll be curious as to what novels your hitting...as I too am reading some rather trashy reality/sci-fi stuff at the moment.

B-Wizz said...

It is indeed the same Aaron Neville-ee-oh-ah-ee. Was it at the televised Thanksgiving parade that he said that? Cause I remember laughing about it with Cindy. The juxtopostion of the tough guy image with the genderless neuter singing voice intrigues me...

Right now I've finally started The Wheel Of Time series. Before that I completely burnt myself out on Heinlein for like 3 years. Seems like I read something that wouldn't get me laughed at in there somewhere too.

They'll be starting work on the ice palace today, according to NPR. We got about a foot of snow (In TL at least) starting Sunday night and through...right now. I don't think's its really stopped at all in the last 36 hours, just slowed at points.

Unknown said...

I totally dig the Wheel of Time. Tyler digs it more. It's a little...verbose. And man is it convaluted. It's one of those series that I want to hit people with when they say "wow, JK Rowling is so complex! The Harry Potter series is sooooo involved!".

I love the Aiel.

B-Wizz said...

I'm pretty well addicted - I'd bought the prequel to read on airplanes last summer and I'm just now most of the way through the first book in the series. It's pretty damn good, but I don't know if it compares to the Dune series either. Maybe if Robert Jordan starts discussing the finer ecological points of his world...

Sign me,
UberNerd

Unknown said...

You're only at Eye of the World and already drooling? You're screwed. Don't plan on reading anything else for months. Those books are thick and that text isn't skimable. Uhm. Yup.

I haven't read the prequel.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday B-wizz! Hope you and Cindy are able to get out and enjoy the full moon party tonight - sunny & warm here in London :)

Bryan and Audrey said...

B, I just set up a link from my site to yours, hope that is cherry. As of now only you and Will read it, so it's kind of redundant, but for the future man, for the future.