Thursday, February 23, 2006

Daily Hot Taco

alacrity \uh-LACK-ruh-tee\, noun:
A cheerful or eager readiness or willingness, often manifested
by brisk, lively action or promptness in response.

Nasty Bastard Cat
Much Alacrity For Games
You Play Hide The Turd


I see that Keith's shared his daily gripe with the world, so here's my bitch. I emptied out the mudroom and moved the animal's beds and dishes in there, thinking it would solve a two fold problem. One, it keeps them out of the cold shop on these cold nights, and two, the dog had taken it upon himself to poop as often as he could in the heated basement. My thought: "Dog doesn't poop on the rug in the shop, cat's litter box trained, no more doodoo." I couldn't have been more wrong. The dog's done great. Not a pooch poo on porch post procedure. The cat? First he makes the ficus into a litter box - not unexpected of a cat. So I - taking a page out of Keith's book - "recycled" an empty Guinness box making a nice cardboard anti-cat covering for the ficus' precious soil. What's my thanks? A cat turd, on the floor, in front of a heater in an small enclosed room. The wall of stink that hit me when I let the pets out this morning nearly knocked me over. The damn cat can freeze now...

...I have some things that I need to flickr, and after that maybe blog be more interesting again...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! That's the only thing I hate about cats...marking. Not that crapping by the heater is marking, it's just plain evil, but...I wonder if it isn't there small size that makes them think that some indoor spaces are actually outdoor places. I dunno. Cats.

B-Wizz said...

It's nothing compared to the time in college I reached into my laundry basket only to hear a crunch, and discover that that fat sack of $#!* Baghira had crapped in dirty clothes basket.

Actually, I take that back, this morning's present was far, far smellier and fresher.

Unknown said...

I hated that cat. Still do. In fact, I think I hated all of Lauren's cats. They had issues man.