Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Snow Country, Part Two

Since I worked late yesterday, I came in late today. And since it had stopped snowing and rain is on the forecast, I took that opportunity to go hunting. A beautiful day in the woods, I even saw some deer, lots of deer tracks, and some odd tracks from some small mammal that I couldn't ID. Made it in to work by 11:00. But at work, the power was out, so everyone had gone home, and thus I could have stayed out longer. Of course the power came back on shortly after I got back, and I guilted myself into staying since the books for the benchtop instruments are pretty full and Simon's already left. Random acts of responsibility suck. I probably won't do any actual work today, I'll just be on hand in case someone breaks one of the machines.

For my fellow music nerds: I was pleased to see that geek rock king Rivers Cuomo of Weezer is going back to school. Pleased because the two best Weezer albums (The Blue Album and Pinkerton, duh) were made after Rivers subjected himself to the punishments of stints of higher education.

B out...

No comments: