Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Man And The Electron Microscope

I think I ripped this off from the BBC's website - they had ten cool scientific pics:

1
I'll give a gold star, or a kick in the pants - your choice - to anyone who can guess what the two objects pictured are.

I wanted to do another Arthursday last week, and may do one this week, even though I think I get more satisfaction out of them than anyone else. The only problem is, the one or two artists pages I've seen recently that caught my little eye were kind of bizarre and might not go over well with some of you, my faithful viewers.

Woad to ya mother...

BTW - I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that my lovely wife got to play with an electron microscope a bit towards the end of her college days. I think they're a pretty neat piece of equipment - I could handle having one in my garage.

7 comments:

PCS said...

Reminds me of pepper and salt.....

PCS said...

btw, I'll take the gold star

Unknown said...

I was thinking...some sort of pea or corn and a...rock. Couldn't find the photo on the beebs site. Cheaters never prosper.

B-Wizz said...

You're both right - Peter's just more specific. It's a grain of salt - a rock, and a peppercorn - a berry.

PCS said...

The search capacity of the internet is evil! Evil I tell you!

B-Wizz said...

What are you talking about, Peter?

Unknown said...

Answers are the easy part, questions raise the doubt...