Friday, September 30, 2005

Okey Dokey, Pig In A Pokey

Dr. Pete's got a picture of my fabulous DiVa up over at his blog. I was going to use it, but he beat me to the punch. Now, I like my job. Watching cells with certain admirable characteristics fall into test tubes, not to mention playing with lasers, is interesting stuff. Especially when I learn new things, and Flow will be a great career choice for me. But that doesn't mean I'm not jealous of people with more exciting jobs than me - like Keith's has been lately. Animals, fish, reckless drivers? Man, I've got my ass parked all day...

I don't have any new pictures of the fam to post, that I can think of, but here's some things to look at anyway:
deer49013.w492
I saw this on the way home from work the other day...No, not really, but I'm expecting to see something similar any day now. Good ol' TL!

Cindy and I are constantly on the look out for good, cheap babysitters (it's one of the downsides to living so far away from the kids grandparents). In that light, lets play a game...

Who Would You Allow To Watch Your Kids?
(Wherein I'll post pictures I've found on-line, and we'll all laugh together at how weird most people are.)


dio10101843dylan10042219
Dio, Diamond, Dylan, or Denver?

Ronnie James Dio could teach your kids the words to "Holy Diver," and some cool metal poses; but he'd probably also have them worshiping the devil before you could leave the restaurant and call home to check up on them before heading to the movie theatre. Neil Diamond could show them how to impress the pants (literally) off of a middle aged woman, but might insist that they join him in a glass of scotch "before the show." Bob Dylan...Well, he pretty much looks scary enough now that my kids wouldn't even let him in the front door. I think John Denver would be the pick of choice, if he weren't deceased. He'd have your kids high on life, and ready to save the planet, fer sure!

jmayalllJames Brownjak103_indonesia_tsunami_people
A Blues Breaker, James Brown, or Cat Stev...errrm, Yusuf Islam?

Poor John is in his 70's...and probably wouldn't make much of a babysitter even without all the psychadelic drugs that are probably still lingering in his body. James Brown could teach the yungun's how to abuse the hell out of a woman, but might get them hooked on street drugs. I think Cat/Yusuf is the winner, although you might come home to your kids wearing skull caps and toting around the Quran...

Now for the really odd folks...

hans pratschBernd Hachenberg
Hans Pratsch, or Bernd Hackelberg?

Either way you win. And think of the glorious facial hair the kids would no doubt be inspired to grow later in life.

pict0643arriere-grand-parents
Gallic man on bicycle, or evil grandparents?

Whichever...The kids would definitely be too scared of any one of these people to step out of line. Of course, I think the end result would be similar to leaving them with Dio...

beat_anorexia3974007grupp2
The morbidly obese, Japanese people with crazy toys, or the lamest metal band/cos players ever...

The fat man would probably eat the baby, the technophiles would probably stomp the children, and the lame-o teenagers might do both in culmination of some bizarre ceremony. Three way tie of losers.

Woad. How's that for Random Righteous Ruminations?

4 comments:

PCS said...

You knew it was scientific instrument Friday and you've had the pict for over a week now. You will just have to settle for using the pict of the piece of .... well you know what instrument.

Unknown said...

If you told the COS pipe insulation warriors that your kid's name was Alora Dannon I think all would be well...as long as one of the gal's wasn't playing the Dread Queen Bavmorda part..."Light the fifth candle!"

Unknown said...

Oh, and I've got two nominees for the babysitter position:

Kenny Logins, need I say the Whinney the Pooh song and the Top Gun song?

And the all time winner: Neil Young....

Have you seen Dead Man with Johnny Depp? Neil does the entire soundtrack...and the movie is pretty rad too. Get it.

Anonymous said...

My top three in no particular order would be;

1) James Caan - because all kids are going to need to learn how to behave at the Playboy mansion. James has the whole "punching out Playmates" thing down to a science.

2) Gary Busey - I can't even begin to fathom the impact he would have on young minds.

3) The orangutan from "Every Which Way But Loose" - any ape that can give the finger is ok in my book.