Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Salmo Salar: Not Just For Dinner Anymar

The Sunday breakfast that started my artery clogging day: Salmon Benedict...
DSCN1533DSCN1534
The dish loses some of its appeal in the washed out tones of the close up shot.

Eggs Benedict is one of my favorite dishes - why not add salmon? Okay, I got the idea from a magazine. Salmon patties - 2-3 cups precooked, flaked up salmon flesh (I used the farmed, fake color added variety because I live nowhere near salt water of any kind), a cup of some good breadcrumbs (break out the food processor), a good bit of food processed onion. Mix that stuff together, then smoosh in an egg or two, form into patties and get your fry on. Then toss 'em on some lightly toasted English muffins, top with a poached egg and some hollandaise sauce (Knorr's only, and eat. Awesome. Fried potatoes help round out the cholesterol extravaganza.

Hope that didn't bore anyone...

2 comments:

PCS said...

You can have a copy of my Adobe Photoshop Elements to brighten up the pictures.

B-Wizz said...

Cool. I don't really care for the editing software that came with our camera. I doctored up one of the pictures of the dog with it - people get red-eye, dogs get green eye. If you zoom in on the picture, it looks like the dog's eye is made of spaghetti because of all the color matching and stuff I had to do.