Thursday, March 31, 2005

One Down..

My war with the mice is still ongoing - hopefully the warm weather will get some of them out, and then I can close things up a bit better next winter. It's been about 50f here the last few days. The snows melting. The lakes are starting to melt, but look awesome - I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow. I like to imagine that they are like a giant glass bottomed boat since the ice looks semi-transparent right now. I'm too scared to wander out on any of them at this point, although I did see a SledNeck race across Lower Saranac on his snowmobile yesterday. Here's some pictures of my latest "ops."

DSCN0909
This was the scene that greeted me yesterday morning. But right next too it...
DSCN0908
The little bastards had eaten the bait off one of the fancy traps without triggering it.

This mouse looks different from the first victim - maybe there's more than one species/morph/subspecies running around...Okay, enough grossness, here's some pics of children, Mom.

Kids
Every once in a while, they play real nice and quite like.
Beatin'
Sometimes Connor plays my bongos.
Sleepy
Ethan has the capability of sitting still, as he demonstrates for us here.
ConnorTree
This was at the old apartment, Christmas time (when else...).
GingerBreadBoy
Ethan as a gingerbread boy, for the school musical.

Don't forget to leave lots and lots of comments - I need the contact while I'm sortin' away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have something that would help address that mouse problem... How steady are you with a syringe and needle?

Wastin' away in Bothell...
S&S

Anonymous said...

Ethan makes a good gingerbread boy! And it looks like Connor is going to grow up to be a drummer! Miss you guys!
Mom