Sunday, March 06, 2005

Are You Regular?

Let's just see if I'm as good about posting regularly when spring comes, and I can get out of the house for a while. I like having a cold winter -it's so different from the Seattle area's constant drizzle. But this year we don't have any sporting equipment to get out and enjoy. There must be half a dozen ski and snowshoe trails between work and home too. But come spring, I'll most likely be out of the house more - but the pictures I do post will hopefully be more exciting too.

Speaking of winter here in the ADK's, on my lunch break the other day I drove into town to fill the car, eat, etc. On my way past the junior high, I noticed the kids out running laps - in snow shoes. And at Ethan's school, they put the kids into x-country skis as part of gym class. How cool is that? And I had to play speedaway and soak 'em when I was a kid

Anywho, to combat boredom, we attempt to clean the house - not the easiest thing to do with two wild animals roaming around - or we make things up. Yesterday Cindy came up with an unusual job for Ethan to do. It may have been for punishment. While she lay on the couch and read (okay, she did have a baby attached to her at the time also), she had Ethan give her a pedicure. Here's a pic...

SYO Pedicures

So if anyone wants to come out to Upstate NY, and you feel like a pedicure, I've got a seven year old that will oblige you. Prices to be paid in LEGO's.

And as entertainment earlier, we let the baby beat me with a wooden spoon.

Beat Dad Wiff a Spoon

For some reason, the baby loves that big spoon. He whacks me with it, chews on it, and even plays the bongos that Keith and Natalia got for me a few years back with it! I wish I had toys that fascinating...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Spoonman, come together with me hand, save meee..." Maybe he'll grow up to be a homeless black man and hang around the Seattle Center?

B-Wizz said...

Was spoonman black? I thought he was white, but maybe not. Had a rad mohawk though.

Anonymous said...

It'll be interesting to see if he's still a fan of the spoon a few years from now after he's had it used on his backside for being naughty.