Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Yo La Tengo

Please pardon the pernicious pause parting posts. It was a slow week last week - no sorting = no time at computer = no blog posts. Then it got busy. Then we went to Plattsburg Saturday. Then I worked in the yard most of the day Sunday. So no posts. Sorry. Here's a run down of the last few days, in case anyone cares.

We went to sushi at Aki in Lake Placid on Friday. Simon graciously picked up the tab.
Saturday we went to Plattsburg, and now the lovely wife has some lovely clothes to look lovely in. It's her birthday Thursday - not to mention our anniversary(ish) so please send cards, money, flowers, and new cars to us. Sunday I dug, planted, burned, raked, sweated, toiled, etc. outside in the garden. Things are really greening up around here - the trees have leaves, the weeds are growing, the rhubarb is getting gigantic.

The plans have been finalized - I will be in the greater Seattle/Moses Lake areas between the 2nd and 16th of July. My wish is to relax, so I would encourage anyone that wants to see me to come out and see me - we're going to have a first birthday party for Connor over at my folks on the 4th. I'm imagining it'll be a barbecue. Bring beer. Connor loves it. Contact me for details - I may even be inclined to get off my lazy rear and go visit other towns while I'm out. But I'll just sit on your couch and drink Budweiser if I do.

Finally, speaking of barbecues at my parents place, and our anniversary, here's some pictures of people that haven't e-mailed me for awhile, at our "wedding reception" two years ago. I have such pleasant looking friends!

DSCN0460
Will.
DSCN0462
Twin #1
DSCN0461
Twin #2

Seems like I had something more to say, but it was probably just dribble.
E-mail me, please. I need the attention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, open burning without a permit again! I know, I know, it was in a 'fire' place.

Anonymous said...

I have bricks! I have B-R-I-C-K-S! The fire can't get out...any further than the dead leaves around the bricks...

Anonymous said...

WOW going all the way to Washington State from New York State with 2 children, you must be brave! I traveled with my niece (6) and nephew (3) last summer and it was over all fun, but driving or flying for more than one hour was killer!
-KL-