Saturday, May 28, 2005

I'm So Bad, I Make Pipes Sweat

We have the plumbing issues resolved. After twisting off a pipe, several trips to the local hardware stores, and attaching all of the necessary ingredients for the dishwasher, we thought we had it all done. Hah. Then the hot water valve broke - so no water to the kitchen. After several more trips to hardware stores, I finally cut the thing out, replaced it, and soldered it into place. Pipe soldering - ie "sweating pipes" - was new for me. It was kind of fun - capillary action is cool. I'd say I can't wait to do it again, but that would mean more broken plumbing.

A word of advice. People at hardware stores are @$$holes. Sorry for the language. But we were told several times, with much confidence by the "experts" what we needed, and it was nearly always wrong. We had to return several things. Bad advice really prolonged the process, I should have just done it the way I originally envisioned it. So if you work at a hardware store, have no formal education or wealth of hands on experience, STFU, I don't want to buy your crap. Sorry for the language.

Keep on rockin' in the free world...

No comments: