Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wednesday, 12:45pm, Where Is My Mind?

Busy times at my house. We're currently attempting to install our new dishwasher, but trouble keeps cropping up. First I twisted off a pipe and had to replace it. Now we can't get the hot water to flow into the kitchen again - a broken valve, maybe. And I've still got to figure out how to wire it. So that was part of last weekend that's still happening this week. Here's the rest...

I had to make a hole for the dish washing moo-chine to have a home:
DSCN1116
Demolition is so satisfying! I'd totally do more of it if I could only afford that whole rebuilding thing.

I did some work outside:
DSCN1117
I had a rock hauling competition with myself. I won.

I planted one of the garden plots in the Three Sisters Style:
DSCN1119
I've got another plot that's *almost* ready to plant in a more normal style.

We got some potatoes planted - they're in pots with clean potting soil because I've heard potato bugs are a bit of a problem around here. That's Poe-Tay-Toes:
DSCN1124
The regional pronunciation is "Buh-Day-Duhs," said really quickly. Try it.

Those two rocks at the bottom of the picture have fossils in them. That means my yard used to be covered in water and sea creatures. Here's some close-ups:
DSCN1123
Neat!
DSCN1121
What made the circular hole that the weed is going through? I hope it was some kind of prehistoric, stone eating moon snail.

The rhubarb's a growin' - so are the dandelions.
DSCN1120
I'm going to attempt to make rhubarb wine. I think. I've got a spare carboy.

Finally, the frog likes Kleenex:
DSCN1125'
Mischievous grin...
DSCN1126
Tee Hee...

I need pictures of E again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your garden and buh-day-duh plants look good! You certainly are making a lot of progress. I remember the day we borrowed Eric's truck to move the last of your boxes & how much C and I talked about hating packing. Now I'm in that boat myself :(
Do you have a plan to keep the deer out of the garden?
- Sara

B-Wizz said...

Yup, I hate packing. If I can avoid getting canned in the next few years, I'd be happy staying here, just to avoid packing again.

Ideally, I could keep the deer away from the garden with my compound bow. But I have a feeling at least one of my neighbors wouldn't like that much, so I'll probably have to get some netting.

Anonymous said...

So, all that rock pick'in paid off!! Your garden looks good, what else are you going to make with the rhubarb?
Mom

Anonymous said...

I think you should def try the bow until the neighbor's complain then you can put up the netting. I'm sure venison will go well with all those veggies :)
I think lack of wanting to pack and move has been the main reason for not going back to school for these past 4 years!
But I will miss coffee break and all the TI gossip!!
- Sara

B-Wizz said...

Probably nothing. I'd make an upside cake or something, but I'd be the only one who would eat it.