Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Place Title Here

Another short post, unless I get to rambling. I stopped on the way home from work on Friday and took some pictures of a spot on the lake where Ethan and I have gone fishing before - a real pretty cove. My wife saved me from being devoured by a bear here last summer, and I also lost my wedding ring somewhere thereabouts.
DSCN1069
Purdy the way the sun comes through the trees, eh?

DSCN1065
I caught a few nice smallmouths around here. It's great fun on a fly rod.
DSCN1068
This is either where the bear that tried to eat me comes to eat its seafood, or a raccoon enjoyed some delicious freshwater clams right here.

I pass a nice holey tree on my drive home every evening. It's marked and has a sign on it - I assumed it was to preserve the tree for animals. Nope. It's going to be cut down and put in a natural history museum. Also, no pecker jokes, please.
DSCN1073
They took all the trees, and put 'em in the tree museum...

And finally, to end this episode, here's a picture of a varmint stuck underneath his toy.
DSCN1077
He's a very mobile, wily child.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky your wife was around to save you!! Sure looks like Connor is concentrating hard! Got the tongue between his teeth/gums!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Distinctive holes made by the piliated woodpecker. Love those birds.

Anonymous said...

cool pics - do they really take trees to the museum, I though the ADKs were so beautiful and offer so much? don't you people have better things than just trees with holes in them?
-KL-

Anonymous said...

Who do I know with the initials "KL?" Sorry if I've forgotten...

Anonymous said...

you don't know me - I was just searching around on the internet and kept clicking on people's links and ended up finding yours - I enjoyed reading it - hope that's okay
-KL-

Anonymous said...

Sure thing, I was jsut concerned that I'd forgotten some long lost friend!

Anonymous said...

:)