Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Weeks Passed, Weeks Future.

Sorry everyone for the time I've been taking between posts. Work's been a little bit crazy, leaving me little time to post. But next week things are slow (read "dead"), so I'll try to do more frequent updatage then.

The weather has been great lately - just a tease, to be sure - so we've been doing more of the outside bit. No fishing last weekend - turns out pike and other fish don't open until May, and trout fishing spots are too far away to just duck out for an hour or two. But there was more raking, digging, etc. It's been warm enough that my mulch piles have stopped mulching after a good start. But we're supposed to get a bit of rain tonight, so hopefully the lovely aerobic microorganisms that do that work for me will be back in action. Haiya!

We planted a bunch of starts on Sunday:
DSCN1004
We probably should have done this a week or so ago...

That's an old table we found in the basement. Hopefully we'll have lots of delicious crops this summer. And hopefully I can find someone to water them while I'm in Washington. I think I may dig a second garden plot and get plants that can handle cold in the ground soon too.

Cindy did some paintin':
DSCN1001
That's our dining room, yo!

It's the border-wood stuff. When the tape's taken off, it should look a little more exciting in that room. We got a table and chairs from JC Penney's that's currently being assembled, also. Exciting stuff, I know.

And obligatory kid pic:
DSCN1000
I don't know what it is that excites/fascinates him about beer bottles. Probably the same thing that excites me about 'em. Must be genetic.

Okay, I'll post two:
DSCN0979
He has a few toys, eh?

On to other things...Warning: There's some articles linked here, as in this may take a little time to know what I'm yammering about...

As was recently pointed out to me by this test, I have some pinko tendencies. No shocker there, other than the whole 2nd amendment thing (okay, that's not all...). Which is why I found this interesting. Sick of political correctness but don't think big business should run our lives (and many other topics that I won't bring up)? Maybe you are a South Park Conservative also.

I also found this interesting. This is from a very leftist biased source. But if one cuts through all of the conspiracy theory, rhetoric, and Bush bashing, it kinda makes some scary sense.

Discuss amongst yourselves...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pic of Connor with the beer bottle is so awesome. I'm wanna make it into a T-shirt.