Thursday, August 25, 2005

Recently

Last weekend the weather was kind of crap - fall's definitely on its way to the North Country - so I got some indoor projects under way. We've had our third bedroom unoccupied (except for the occasional guest) for months due to the water that leaks through the roof/walls from time to time. Being shut in forced me to finally get the demolition under way:
Wood Paneling Rocks!It Still Rocks!
Wood Paneling? Blue Shag Carpet? Can you spell R-O-C-K?

This lovely enclave of 1970's charm was soon transformed into this...
Naked RoomThe Hidden Door
I nearly electrocuted myself removing the lamps from either side of the window. The house is wired haphazardly - I thought I had it off!

When the wires were capped, one of the little bastards grounded out, blowing apart it's cap, shooting sparks, and leaving the succulent smell of ozone in the air! Also, the door in the second picture apparently used to conjoin this room with Cindy's and my room, through what's now the closet. It explains the Captain Howdy window, sort of.

Here's some close ups of the waterish areas that had been in the walls - the studs look/feel sound, but the insulation is full of mildew and mouse droppings.
H2Oh!H2OhDammit
No drywall above, just acoustic tile attached to some flimsy strips of wood. Is that how it's supposed to be done? And both of the windows in the room - identical in every way - were put in completely differently from one another. Go figure.

Demolition is so satisfying. Especially ripping out acoustic tiles with a prybar.

I also took this opportunity to make one of the shop areas a bit more comfortable:
The Boy In The ShopThat Damn Bubble Pipe

Transform!
InstaRec
Blue Shag? Particle Board? Can you spell R-O-C-K?
I had two pictures, but technological retardation prevented me from Flickring the other one. I have a propane heater, would like to get a wood stove. Add guitar, amp, beer, and a small TV with a bunch of 'roid addled brutes beating the shit out of each other over a pigskin on it, and you can guess how I'll spend Sunday afternoons this fall.

Here's a picture of the grem-a-lin:
Is That A Camera

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haw, Haw! You grew up.

Unknown said...

Ahhh...nothing strains a relationship like a little destruction...