Friday, August 26, 2005

Happy Thoughts

As I said, it is starting to feel like fall here in the ADK's - Peter has a few nice pictures over at his blog. I have mixed feelings about this - I love the fall, what with hunting, trout fishing, etc. to look forward to again. But I'm not sure that I'm ready for summer to be over, either. Last summer, I think September was far warmer than any of the summer months, so maybe the garden stands a chance of another month or so of growth?

Here's a great video I'd like to share - I'm not sure if this is cruel or not, but it's amusing how P.O.ed the cat looks.

And a small observation - on Keith's blog he shared some pics of a trip to the Oregon coast and a visit to the Tillamook cheese factory. Mmmmm, Tillamook. It caused me to recall that delicious cheddar cheese is YELLOW on the west coast. White cheddar cheese is something I'm still adapting to here in New Yawk. Strange what one gets accustomed to growing up...

Have a great weekend all, hopefully we'll have no further unplanned, stylistically different fire drills here at work - Normal Fire Drill: Flashing lights, shrill sound from FIRE ALARMS. Drill Today - Irritating tone from PA system...How is it that the rats are expected to react to new stimuli again? We'd have all burned to death if it was for real.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, next time you link to a video that may or may not make one piss their pants I expect a disclaimer. I think the box was around that cat to hide its freakish, hairless nipples...

B-Wizz said...

Hey now, I coined that - I remember what Baghira looks like of he's flipped over and you can see past that sad sack belly. And just the thought of that makes me shudder...

Did you piss your pants laughing?

Unknown said...

Triple spam-o. Gag.

Anonymous said...

I find it amusing that these idiots who spam the blogs actually think that by saying "Great blog, keep it up! I'm sure you would be interested in 'How to Waste Your Time and Look like an Asshole'.", actually think they're endearing themselves to you.

The last one about meeting old friends on your property in India as you increase your benchpress is choice.

B-Wizz said...

That one was choice. i couldnt' even figure out what it was the assbag was trying to tell me.