Monday, August 29, 2005

I Think Unicorns Are Kick Ass

I changed my template around, so now hopefully blogger will display pictures the way that I want them to be displayed. One annoying thing that I can't figure out, though, is how to move the rounder things back to the edges, instead of being those little nicks you see on the title bar and at the top and bottom of the main body. Any help? I'd also like to know how it is that other people put the neat images and crazy fonts in their title bar. Little help? Little help here? Couldja?

Alas, that's not why I brought you here.

Why yes, my weekend was a rather good one, full of (mis)adventure, excitement, and shenanigans - or at least as much of those three things as a married father of two on a fixed income can get into...

We started Saturday off by going to the animal shelter and looking at dogs. Allow me to introduce:

Cooper, The Maybe Dog

DSCN1367
I'm going to take him for walks on my lunchbreak all week, and he'll come to our house for a visit on Saturday, and if all goes well he'll be our new little friend. He's a sweet guy, but a little timid around men.

After we got back home from that, I undertook a massive undertaking of unheard of, unheralded proportions...I built a stool for a propane tank...

Brandon's Temporary Solutions!

DSCN1361
Here's the long and short of it - we went for 6 mo's on half of one of the big tanks. Now that it's empty, none of the local gas companies want to fill it for anything approaching a reasonable price. They either want to fill all four of the tanks at the house, put new tanks in, make us pay deposits, charge way too much, etc. I'll probably eventually just take one of the tanks down to the hardware store and have them fill it, but even that's retarded - it's more per gallon/pound to fill one of the big ones than one of the small ones. Isn't the rule generally the more you buy of something the less it costs, per unit?

Sunday was more laid back, but no less entertaining! How far I've come from the spaz I used to be...

Ethan played with bubbles, a lot...

The Bubble Boy!

DSCN1378DSCN1382DSCN1393
He's been quite obsessive about the bubbles. Sunday was a great day for it, though, it was sort of windy, so he had them going all over the yard, through the trees, into outer space, and whatnot. I've got a video of him huffing into the wand that cracks me up, that I'll send out by request - as in I want to hear from some of you! WRITE ME!

I also did some gardening, and looked at the garden.

Green Growth Gives Gayety

DSCN1360DSCN1358
That's the first (and only) pumpkin that's started growing in the garden (although there SHOULD be a few more by October, the way the vines have taken over the three sisters patch) and potatoes from one of the boxes I planted. I harvested the spuds because everything in the box was dying - choking each other out, I should think. I kinda tossed odds and ends of left over seed packets into the potato (buhdayduh) boxes, and I think the resulting plants outcompeted each other. Like that makes sense. Anywho, those seven little potatoes are going to make the best half bowl of stew EVER! Or maybe be the smallest baked potatoes ever.

Sunday evening, Ethan and I were coerced into walking to the store for milk, so while we were there we stalked up on the cheapest product in the candy aisle, and wound up with many boxes of Spidermantm candy sticks - to those of us born before 1989, we knew them as candy cigarettes...

Queue...

Embarrassing Pictures!

DSCN1401DSCN1400
Ethan was one of those damned Draculas...
DSCN1395DSCN1397
Connor took up a very bad habit...
DSCN1398
And I pretended I was the Rancor from Return of the Jedi. It was all fun and games until I tried to bite one of Ethan's action figures in half, to complete the effect, and chipped a tooth...

Since I've pushed even my rambling limits for a day, I don't know how much more posting I'll do this week. So far today, I've walked the dog again, and pulled a muscle in my head trying to eat a protein bar for breakfast, so the adventure continues...

Now leave comments, and ignore the spam like I'm trying to do.

Addendumb: Blogger has a word verify thingy now to avoid the auto-spammers. So when you leave comments, you'll be asked to type in some funny shaped word that appears on the screen. This will allow me to prevent my ears from bleeding as a result of reading the stupid messages the dickless wonders constantly leave in the comment section. And yes, I spelled "Addendum" that way on purpose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connor looks very interested in those potatoes!!

Unknown said...

That picture of you with...the candy is very scary. Very. And, uhm, so scary I forgot what the hell else I was going to say...oh, right, a smart-ass comment on how cool it would be to have a dog that made barrels.