Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Lordy, Lordy, Look Who's Boredy

Lately I've become the KING of the garage sale. In the last two weeks, we've scored a kitchen table w/ two chairs, a grill w/ two tanks, a record player, a small table for the porch, many old jazz records, a 10'x10' tent, a small space heater, some milk crates, and some crazy chandelier things...All for about $50. One man's (or woman's) trash is another's treasure.

I've also recently moved and rebuilt the firepit in our backyard. Here's evidence.
The Old PitThe New Pit
I've got many, many leftover bricks to, uh, brick some things with. need any used bricks? I've got 'em.

Here's the cat, named Dirt.
Or Ash?

And I'll leave you with the little rose bush that could - I originally didn't think that many of the flowers Cindy planted - at least the ones from seed - would grow. And I thought that for sure the transplanted rosebushes would be toast. I'm glad to report that we have many lovely little flowers now, and some small, but perfect, little roses.
Cindy's Rose
She's now got three sisters around her, and some little other little rosebushes in the adjacent beds. Pretty cool.

4 comments:

B-Wizz said...

Why ya gotta try to sell things? "I agree with your post." Yeah, which part? I am the king of people's used shit, or was it the part that I fretted about being invaded by space monkey overlords? I'd make comments for members only, but then even less of you would leave them for me.

Anonymous said...

I find that dousing cardboard with paint solvent really helps it burn better.

B-Wizz said...

If you splash it with some motor oil - new or used - it will keep it burning for a much longer time. One would then have all day to burn anything at all - tires, leaves, tree clippings, small animals...

Unknown said...

Natalia is a garage sale fiend. Her and Brenda have a weekly religious devotion to it every Saturday morning at the crack of dawn.

Oh, and it's freaking shitty that your site keeps getting hit the the spam-o-comments.