Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Three Simple Words: I Am Gay

At least, that's what I told the military recruiters. They didn't seem to care, though.

Well now, since last we spoke I've been a tit bit busy. Went to Montreal. Discovered why no one likes the French. Went to Ottawa and played a lot of Rugby. My supervisor, Simon, has left the employ of The Institute to seek better things in Portugal, so right now I'm flying solo in my lab. So far so good but wait until something major breaks, I've got a Post-Doc screaming at me, and a sugar crash because I didn't have time for lunch, and I'm sure I'll be found in the corner with the lights dimmed, sobbing gently to myself. Was that a run on sentence? Here's a picture of Simon:
facsphoto
The only thing I ever did with the machine that's in the picture is scavenge it's old, dead corpse for parts before throwing it out.

Remember the road trip to Maine and the New Hampshire for some learnin' and some ruggers I mentioned a while back? Cindy finally helped me (the delay is my fault, not hers - she's to thank for throwing these pictures up!) get some pictures flickred, which I present now, for your boredom.
DSCN2005
A little rock play, while the young one shouts "Baby!" over and over.
DSCN1985
Geez, ya try to share the OxyContin with the kids, and the party just stops. Amateurs.
DSCN2002
That gay joke earlier? After looking at this picture...
Note the Hound of the Baskervilles and awesome Dodge Neon rental car in background.

DSCN1993
I think this is just before (or after) my buddy Shawn (Captain America in the picture) and I stopped the other team's maul (our forwards are brutes), then Shawn told one of the meatheads he was fat. God bless ye, Shawn.
DSCN1988
I really can't be seen at all in the scrum from this angle/distance, I'm packed in there somewhere pushing.

I've gotta take this opportunity to complain about digital cameras. They're great in most respects, but you just can't shoot action with them at all. Too much delay - you miss the good stuff photographically.

I see that Cindy's busy putting up more pictures (of Montreal and Ottawa, I think), so I'll post/ramble some more later today as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THEY ARE SO SWEET WHEN THEY ARE ASLEEP!

Unknown said...

Copy that. You look hyperhomoetic in that picnic picture. Embrace it.

B-Wizz said...

I got no problem with lookin' a little gay. I think Cindy likes those shorts, though I doubt she'd admit it...