Monday, July 24, 2006

Shut Uppa You Face

Another weekend - did B accomplish much? Lets see...

Saturday, I played a whopping 4 hours of video games with the boy. It was raining, so we couldn't do the fishing that we wanted to. So to spend time with Ethan, I dulled my brain to point of it leaking out of my ears with hours of Halo2.

Sunday, I cut my hair (no time for a real haircut, and, hey, it's summer):
DSCN2076

Then I cut the boy's - he pulls off the short look far better than I:
DSCN2075

And then, since we now have a spare set of clippers, I cut the dog's hair:
DSCN2077
Turns out, he's afraid of the camera so not a great picture showcasing the new 'do.

Clipping the dog was...Interesting. And I'm not completely done with it. My first thought? Woah - it's like cheering sheep. Once I trimmed of the outer hair, the underfur was fuzzy, soft, dense, and white. So he's a different color now. My second thought? If I'm strategic about this, I can make my dog look like a lion...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice hair-job. Are you going to go be the front man or Black Flag now? Or maybe start a custom chopper shop?

Some people say to not shave the dog, since they don't sweat, and thus the insulation is like the insulation in your house: keeps out the heat. I don't know. I just think the dog'd be damn embarassed. And when he gets wet he wouldn't stay wet as long...and reap all those evaporative cooling perks. It's a conundrum for sure.

But the 105 temps have definately made me think about it. It was 109 yesterday. Just fantastic. Rain would be wonderful.

B-Wizz said...

The dog shaving had as much to do with shedding as keeping him cool. I buy the insulation thing to a certain degree, but I wouldn't want to wear a parka out in the heat, either. He's still got plenty of hair, the funny thing about it all is that in the places his hair was long enough that the overcoat got trimmed down he's a much lighter color than he was before, so he's got funny blotchy color, but the lengths aren't different enought that he looks like a poodle or anything. He's definitely more fun to pet now.

Jackson Curtis said...

Ethan's turning into a sharp looking kid. I don't think he's going to have too much trouble with the ladies in a few years.