Monday, July 17, 2006

Weekend Recap - Oops, I Crapped My Pants

Friday night saw me celebrating my recent promotion by blowing a good chunk of the associated raise on dinner with my lovely wife. We went to this little place on Upper Saranac called the Wawbeek. Fantastic duck, and the guitar player even mashed out some Neil Diamond for me.

Saturday saw mowing, getting fed by Cindy at her place of employment, then picking up the last of the crap that the roofer failed to take care of. I really can't complain though. Bombing stuff off of the roof and seeing how many pieces of wood I could get to stick up out of the ground from that height was kind of fun.

Sunday, Cindy and I drove Simon and his wife, Heather, and a dog named Woofit down to the Newark airport so they could all leave for the greener pastures of Porto, Portugal. Pretty pleasant drive, and I got the closest to NYC I've ever been. The skyline is kind of a cool thing to see, even for a city hating simpleton like myself. That also means that in the last month, I've visited three states and two provinces that I'd never been to before. Neat.

Lets see if I accomplish anything much this weekend.

3 comments:

Bryan and Audrey said...

Congrats on the promotion B!

Anonymous said...

That night was GLORIOUS!!!!! Oh and dinner was pretty good too.

Unknown said...

Way to go dude. You're a shooting star, don't let anyone tell you different.