Saturday, November 26, 2005

My Neck Of The Woods

So, I got up nice and early this morning and went out in pursuit of the extraordinarily elusive ungulate. While I was sitting there, freezing in the snow, at about 10:30 or so, a shot rings out right up above me. It sounded like a .22 or some other small caliber. Nothing unusual. Except that, after he shoots, the guy proceeds to travel around hooting and hollering for the next 2+ hours! I can't figure out what he was doing, he just walked around shouting "Hup-Hup-Ho-Hooey-Ho-Hup" and occasionally howling. He covered some ground two. He started out heading north from where I was (I never did see him, although I'd guess he was no more than about 100 feet from me when he shot), it sounded like he got quite a ways away...But then later, after I had headed south a ways down into a creek bed, I could still hear him carrying on, but now he was quite a ways south of where I was. I'd guess he walked at least two miles hollering like that. The only thing that I could think of is that he had winged a coyote. I had seen a whole bunch of tracks in the vicinity of his shot earlier.

Speaking of my neck of the woods, here's an oddity from my town:
DSCN1646
That's right. In TL, you can pull a bottle of Coke out of a dead NASCAR driver's groin.

5 comments:

PCS said...

Not being from the South there is no way I would know who to hell that guy is, but I like his jumpsuit.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's Don Anheart

Anonymous said...

isn't being for sl close enough to being from the south

B-Wizz said...

Is that last comment even in English? And who mentioned SL?

B-Wizz said...

Oh. I get it. Someone's taking a shot at pdiddy.