Monday, November 14, 2005

I'm A Lumberjack, And I'm Not Okay.

Because I'll be here at work until freakin' ten. With a headache. And I'll miss "Prison Break" (I'm pretty pathetic...). But I did coin a new word today...

"Suckulation."

As in: The water in the special FACS chiller is no longer moving. The pump must have lost all suckulation.

Simon and I tend to make up new words and phrases with some regularity. Unfortunately, it's usually when someone with a less than perfect grasp of the English language is in the lab asking us questions. So we have little doubt that some poor, foreign post doc or visiting scientist has used "binning issues," or "digital signal differential biasing (my favorite - think about it - those combined words = nothing)" in a talk, or suggested that a FACS operator somewhere else try "tweaking a pot." For other imaginary words, e-mail the hell out of Keith. (Okay, probably, don't, but I don't want to sound like too much of a self inflating genius). Keith taught me such useful terms as "torquetion," "grabbity," and "gription."

Woad to your mother.

(Blogger just tried to replace "freakin'" with "foreskin.")

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I could've sworn all those words were of the Queen's own English...

Anonymous said...

Spastastic!