Monday, November 07, 2005

What Does It All Mean, Basil?

As I was puttering around in the yard a week or so ago, something unusual caught my eye. Laying underneath what used to be the day lilies was a pink plastic bubble, of the variety that falls out of the vending machines one finds at supermarkets. Inside of said bubble was the most wondrous piece of plastic I have ever layed eyes on.

deer
Santos...It rolls off the tongue.

Who could this penitent man be? After exhaustive research, I discovered that his name is Santos. Repenting after a life of crime because he is the last of four brothers left alive in the hood.

What does this mean? Why did this small harbinger of greater things appear in my yard? Is it from an errant child, tossing his toys out of the car window in a petulant act whilst traveling past my house? Are the neighbor's trying to tell me something about what they think of my way of life by bombarding my house with cheap trinkets? Am I supposed to get down on my knees and pray, because the shit's about to hit the proverbial fan? I guess it will all be one of life's great mysteries, that will no doubt haunt me until the end of my days.

Sign me,
Fascinated in the ADK's

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's message is that it is not to late to repent and turn to God. There are no coincidences.

Unknown said...

Well, there are coincidences. Coincidences being the label for an event that happens with connections that aren't understood.

I've had too many beers.

Your reverendship, I think this means you're supposed to move to Yakima and start preaching. This, at the very least, would mean we'd get to hang out more. Perhaps it also means you need to drink more Tequila. With the capital T.

Did you ever watch "The Messenger"?

PCS said...

Well he became a minister. I think that is the message. Maybe you ought to purchase one of those on-line ministership diplomas.

B-Wizz said...

I am a reverend. ULC, baby. I don't nkow if I've seen "The Messenger."

Yakima would be an okay place to live, if there was anything but working at the mall to do there.

There are coincidences.