Tuesday, December 09, 2008

W.T.F.

You know, I can appreciate avante gardeism (I hope that's a real world), counter culture schlock, art-school films, film-school films, what-have-you on their own merits. Much like the majority of the music that Sting has created in the last 20 years (FIELDS OF GOOOOOOOLD!), I think it's crap, and yet I can appreciate it based on its own merits. Then I see link to some shit like this while I'm bored at work and my feelings towards most of the people creating "art" in this world get reaffirmed.

Is that a joke?

2 comments:

Jackson Curtis said...

Riiiiiight. What I find fascinating about stuff like this is that nearly all of it is completely meaningless.

Usually the "artist" is;
1) Trying to garner attention by being obnoxious and or edgy for edginess' sake.
2) Trying to make some kind of political or social statement that only someone on massive amounts of LSD or other hallucinogenic drug would comprehend.
3) Has no freakin' clue either they just get a kick out of hearing other people's interpretations of their "art".
4) Thinks they are genuinely funny.

Either way, I don't see how any of this ever makes them relevant in any way, shape, or form. It's like the guy who poops on a shovel, then hangs it on a wall, and calls it "art".

No, that's a shovel with poop on it.

B-Wizz said...

Exactly. If it succeeded on any one of the things you've listed it could be judged on it's own merits. But it's a massive failure at even attaining those meager standards.