Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Heard (Of) But Not Seen

Being a (mediocre) musician myself, there's always a few bands that I hear a lot about but may not "experience" for myself, for whatever reason. Usually I just don't want to shell out $12-20 for a CD that might suck. So when someone jogged my memory as to the existence of this singer/band, I had to look it up on YouTube and I am glad that I did. I don't think that I'll check out any more of their stuff, but upon repeat viewings, this video brings a big smile to my face every time. Why, you ask?
  1. There's a middle aged Danish guy in kabuki make-up
  2. Rampant, ridiculous "devil worship" that's usually reserved for the Trapper-Keeper of an angsty, metal-head 14-year-old
  3. Vocals that go from falsetto to cookie monster faster'n you can blink
  4. Dueling guitar leads
  5. Best of all...HE'S SINGING ABOUT HIS F&!%$#*G GRANDMA!
King Crimson (That's the name of our Danish friend, and this band, but he also sings for "Mercyful Fate," I think) - "Welcome Home"

Listen to that first falsetto shriek, and laugh you ass off!

2 comments:

Jackson Curtis said...

That's both hilarious and horrifying all at the same time. Good find.

Although the part where's he says "Grandma I want to touch you" is just plain disturbing.

B-Wizz said...

I found a few lines from the song disturbing as well. I think (hope) he's singing about wanting to be able to touch his dead grandma - as in she's real. Not in a yucky way. But it is heavy metal from northern Europe, so who knows.

My word verification is "dultra," which would be a pretty good band name.