Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Who The Hell Are The Beachles?

I saw this thing, and it's got me quite vexed. I can't decide if I think it's neat like a new pair of slacks, or a complete abomination like a damned baby dracula. On the one hand, you have two of the best albums, EVAR, all mixed and mashed up in creative ways - the God Only Knows/Within You Without You tastiness is a good highlight. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I think most of it works. The terrible Sloop John B/Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! is a low point. But I demand that you all listen to it, repeatedly, and then tell me next Wednesday what my opinion should be.

50s_ads_006
""What's that, Jimbo?"

"I LIKE SPAGHETTI AND I WAS BORN WITH BOTH BOY AND GIRL 'PARTS.' I like spaghetti and was born with both boy and girl 'parts.'"

4 comments:

Jackson Curtis said...

That's obnoxious. Like rush hour traffic caliber obnoxious.

PCS said...

What to hell are you talking about?

Anonymous said...

it's brilliant! i love the way he squashes it all together like it's nothing to him, but you can tell he has a deep respect for the source material.

gets my vote for "mashup of the decade". plus, he uses more beatles than any other beatles mashup i've heard! very nice work, but not for all tastes. thanks for pointing this out!

rich

Bryan and Audrey said...

Ugh. It's that same creepy feeling you get when you go to Tacoma.