Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Once Again, Without Feeling

While I'm posting links to other places and mentioning inane garbage instead of posting pictures like everyone seems to want, here's some mo'.

Last night on my way to practice, I saw a snapping turtle on the side of the road. Man was I excited - I'm a bit of a Herp nerd, and snapping turtles were one thing we didn't see (even though they've been introduced in Warshington) when I took herpetology. It was the first non-zoo or pet store snapper I've seen.
alligator-snapping-turtle
Alright, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't an Alligator Snapping Turtle, but it did look almost exactly like this. It was just sitting there, head jutting out, looking pissed off. I would have loved to have stopped and gotten a better look, or better yet snapped a picture, but I was late and had no camera with me.

And here's some reading material. Old men with moxie are some of the coolest creatures on earth. Check out what this guy attributes his longevity to. And if you don't like the damn foreign devils that answer tech calls and such, check out what they think of us. Fourth paragraph from the bottom. And judging by the geniuses I'm constantly bumping into, I think they've probably got it about right!

2 comments:

Jackson Curtis said...

They're right about Americans being not so bright. I'm amazed at some of the stuff that comes into Tech Support at work.

B-Wizz said...

Not surprised at all. The collective IQ of our country has slipped so far in the last decade. Especially when people want something.