Friday, October 13, 2006

Recovered?

This is the post I was going to toss up on Friday that Blogger beta ruined for me - if Blogger beta was a person, I would punch him/her in the throat!

I'm going to go ahead and apologize now if any of the images I'm about to slap up here are a bit crap. It's been a long shortened week (yeah, us Easterners get Columbo Day off, in honor of Peter Falk, suck it! Man!), and I can't be bothered to edit at all. So if you could just go ahead and deal, that'd be great. Mmkay?

ROCKTOBERFEST!!!???

One of many odd and unusual things that were found in the house when we moved in was this gem in the garage:
DSCN2205
I would gladly attend something called "Rocktoberfest."
DSCN2201
Wait a tick...that fat bastard looks familiar!
DSCN2210
Could it be? Really? No way...
DSCN2209
It is! It's my uncle Les!


"FALL?"

The air is crisp (It's tried to snow last night and at lunch time today, brrr), hunting seasons are opening (Ducks 2, Brandon 0), but I'll get one of the delicious little shits sooner or later), and the leaves are turning - they didn't last year, so it's nice to see how pretty it can be back here. I tried to take some pictures and failed:
DSCN2200
This is our giant "Backyardrock©" with leaves on it, taken with a flash to blandify all the pretty colors.
DSCN2199
Same thing, no flash, see the colors, enjoy the murk.
DSCN2197
This is what drew me outside in the first place- the sun setting through the trees. Beautiful to behold. Taken through a digital pocket camera that's five years old? Not so pretty.
DSCN2198
A bit better, still murky...
DSCN2196
...And, just as the color-washing flash went off, I was attacked by a bear! Honest! That's why it's blurry, I was running for my life!
DSCN2194
The most significant crop we had this year. There's some tomatoes chilling on the windowsill in the kitchen, waiting to taste like dirt, too.


BATTLE OF THE BOXES

Do you know why it sucks so bad around your house? It's because you don't have two squirts who are more than happy to dive into a couple of boxes and raise some hell. Knick Knacks be damned, the kids are here!

DSCN2192
This was actually towards the end - Connor had invaded the "fort."
DSCN2191
Yep.
DSCN2189
Yep.
DSCN2188
This is sort of where it all started - boxes in the kitchen, baby disappears repeated muffled shouts of "Hello" heard from boxes, hilarity.
DSCN2187
What you can't see? Ethan suffocating.
DSCN2186
Yup.
DSCN2185
More of the disappearing two year old (I posted all of these for you, mom!)
DSCN2183
Yes, we did get new Wolfgang Puck cookware whilst at the Club of Sam's.
DSCN2182
This must be the where the actual battle started.
DSCN2181
Guh-rimace...
DSCN2180
When I try to take a picture of the dog, he gets all nervous and runs away. When I try to take a picture of the kids, he comes out of nowhere and plops down, front and center.
DSCN2179
This is what initially prompted me to grab the camera - little skinny legs sticking out of the bottom of a box.
DSCN2178
Dog, again.

CONNOR'S FIRST INK
THAT YOU CAN'T SEE


Here's a picture that looks great on the back litscreen of the camera. The little one got a tattoo..With some candy or something. When I put it on him and tried to take a picture, he insisted on the hat.

DSCN2176
Too bad the picture sucks...


THE VIDEOT

DSCN2173
Yes indeedy, our kids love the ol' TV!

WHA!!!???

I found this on e-bay, and nearly impulse bought it to throw up behind my guitar amp since mine is all but roont. But I shouldn't. One of you can have it sent to me, though...


coorsltrocktoberfest
C'mon. I'll compose a song about how bad the Germans suck becausethey only invented "Oktoberfest" when they had the opportunity to invent "Rocktoberfest" for you!

2 comments:

Jackson Curtis said...

You know, I think I would rather run from a charging bair then haul it back to camp from the top in the deer cart. Sheesh! Pictures forthcoming.

Jackson Curtis said...

I just realized I spelled "bear" wrong......"bear".