Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bitchalot!

CAMEL

Oh, I've had a cold all week that's made the whole front half of my head feel like it's all swollen out from the rest of my face n'junk. It's also swallowed up my abilities to think straight, do anything above and beyond duty, and "function." And all that with-out the powerful cold medicines that allow the rest of you to float through your day in a pleasant haze whilst ill. Right now it's leaving my head and settling firmly in my chest so that I have a nice healthy rattle when I breathe deep. It could be worse. It could be settling into my testes (Rutager and Django) so that I have a nice healthy rattle whenever I walk.

061021PSCHamrugby16

The weather's cooled down, and we've had a-lots of snow. Okay, it's snowed for prolonged periods of time, but it only stuck last Friday and Saturday, and now even though it's cold and snowing, the ground's still bare. Did I mention I have a cold? Maybe it's pneumonia...

Even though I have nothing to do with that picture (stolen, graciously, from the Daily Enterprise' website) it's still cool, no?

reynolds

The big news at work is that a bunch of us in the under-35 crowd are having a moustache growing contest. A lot of the guys are going to grow outlandish looking facial hair, but I think I'll stick with a good, solid Burt Reynolds man-stache. I'll have to wait until after I do a couple of things that require me to not look like a complete jackass until I can shave the current crop of griz into the glorious representation of virility that my upper lip shall be.

home_left

Old people can get away with wearing the coolest shit. Just look at those glasses.

30

So, since Simon left and my workload insta-tripled, my caffeine consumption has shot through the roof - it's the only thing that keeps me going. It's bad enough that I get headaches on Saturday mornings when I wake up and don't make coffee. I've had to switch to tea with the cold, but my good tea travel cup-cum-mini French press also acts as a very nice dribble glass, so in the last week I've been wandering around in my sickened haze with a stained shirt. Yay!

fat-bastard-michael-moore

Lately, I've been suffering from a chronic inabililty to get much exercise because, now that the weather's turned, treadmill's the word and I have a two year old that would me more than happy to jam a fist into the moving bits. So the immune system suffers, as does the ol' waist line. You have no idea how painful it was to do a GIS for pictures of fat men. The internets are a strange and horrifying place.

248266578_3b36f5e6e9

Heed the teachings of meerkat Buddha!

Chowder Pot copy-747135

Would you go and see this comedy duo? While this picture was not, in fact, taken in TL (I can't remember which website I ganked it from), it does represent the caliber of entertainment I would expect to find locally.

gez_marvelmasked

Here's a draw-ring of some Marvel characters that I'm not familiar with.

HM0002ASLBposter

Does anyone want to form a metal band with me? I can tell you this - our stage show (and any in-band backyard barbecues) would have very ambitious pyrotechnic displays.

4 comments:

Jackson Curtis said...

No manstache is complete without at least one or two gravy stains.

Bryan and Audrey said...

Steve and I had a two man metal band in jr. high, we called ourselves the "Mad Axers". Steve wrote a bunch of songs like "mouthful of spiders" and "where's my breakfast" and we recorded them on this little tape recorder my mom had. Good times.

Unknown said...

I think I run more in the fall and winter. For sure. I dunno why.

I gotta send you a pic of my current facial hair. Natalia hates it. I'm going for the braided beard. Heck yes Gimli.

Grad school has turned me into a 12-cup pot-a-day guy. I hate the withdrawls when I sleep in too long.

I love those fantasy art chicks. It's OK, her areolas are covered in metal discs, she's not topless. Very PG.

B-Wizz said...

Geez, Keith, that comment even seems caffeinated!