Monday, March 06, 2006

Weekly World Senryus

My sweet little 18 month old boy snapped one of the ear pieces off of my glasses on Saturday, so I'm sitting here slowly going crazy and clawing at my eyes and hating contact lenses right now. They make sense for some specific activities, but just drive me nuts in most respects. So that's fun.

At Bryan's prompting, we're making the small jump from Haiku to Senryu. Unfortunately, they both rhyme with "doo," so I have to continue using on-line rhyming dictionaries to come up with clever rhyming titles for posts. Yay. But I do like the "One long breath" writing clause mentioned in the Wikipedia post. So there you go.
("There you go" used as an affirmative is probably my single most hated phrase.)


countermand \KOWN-tuhr-mand; kown-tuhr-MAND\,    
transitive verb:

1. To revoke (a former command); to cancel or rescind by

giving an order contrary to one previously given.

2. To recall or order back by a contrary order.

noun:

1. A contrary order.

2. Revocation of a former order or command.


I'm The One
Who Always Follows
The Countermanded Order

Fin

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The bow?

Good good. I was weary of the haiku. I wait with baited breath for the limerick. It is March...a great month for bawdy rhymes.

Don't you feel like a tard when you're sitll turning your whole head with your contacts in, instead of just moving your eyes?

B-Wizz said...

Nope. But I do feel like a tard when I go to push my glasses back up my nose when they're not there.

Unknown said...

I feel like a tard when I have my contacts in, take a shower, get out, put my glasses on, then walk around the house wondering when my glasses will unfog. Definate tardage.