Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hey There Muscley Arm

It's so hard to blog at the tail end of winter, what we call "The mud season" here in the great north woods. Not much going on - weather's not warm enough to go outside, but there's no snow on the ground to play with either. I've continued with the rugby, and other running, and my pain threshold has advanced so that I can almost walk without my cane again. Other than that...But just because I don't have much news, doesn't mean I won't waste much of your precious time.

Here's some pictures:
DSCN1890DSCN1888DSCN1887
Spaghetti night at the Sells house.

We made Ethan cut his hair recently. My locks, for the time being, remain flowing.
DSCN1872
Ethan, pre haircut, post bath tub stimulant use.

DSCN1881
Ethan, post haircut, after the crank cleared his system.

Here's one mischief maker in action...
DSCN1884DSCN1867DSCN1874
A new game; Doing a Dumb Donald impersonation; Going for a spin with a bud.

The dog's allowed inside most of the time now, and has become part of the family. Oh, and he likes to be vacuumed.
DSCN1859DSCN1855DSCN1853
vacuuming the dog; Three beasts attack the dad; The patient hound.

Meal time, revisited.
DSCN1856
Hat bowl, or bowl hat? The dog helps us clean up the mess.

DSCN1851
Thoughtful? Bored? Testy? I don't remember.

Food, glorious food!
DSCN1852
Mi caccia is focaccia.

DSCN1850
A dish - spiced chicken over avocados, green and wax and lima beans, with some carrots and feta - that's de-lish!

Since Keith's started his Kapreviews site to share insights on movies and books (update moor often, dood), and I've seen some truly awful pieces of cinematic excrement lately (Okay, really, I enjoyed almost every minute of it!), I'll share some reviews of DVD's we've Netflixed lately. As if anyone cares. Hopefully one or two will be as amusing as they were when I thought this up, days ago, in the shower...

Mr. And Mrs. Smith: Pretty Person Shoot Out
The 40 Year Old Virgin: New Sayings For Barflys... (Previously "Get in my belly," "You were my boy, Blue;" We've all heard them repeated, ad nauseum)
The Beastmaster: Look For Midge's Boobies (Yes, Cindy thought this was funny...)
Zathura: Couldn't Get Zach Braff (Seriously, is that astronaut guy his twin? Not that they don't both irritate...)
The Exorcism of Emily Rose: Devil Voices Are Skeery
Conan The Destroyer: Poor Choice For Eunuch (What's the number - 3,000, right? And he's cast as a steer?)
The Sixth Sense: The. Crappiest. Ending. Evar!!!!!
The Fog: Superman Vs. Water Vapor
Corpse Bride: Boredom Set To Song
A History of Violence: Aragorn Breaks Some Heads
Signs: Poor Mel, Poor Me
The Brothers Grimm: German Peasants Speak Cockney?

In more enlightened news, I've recently begun reading East of Eden, and I must say, so far it's the best book I've ever read. Bar none. Of course, the only other book I've ever read is this.

And finally, even thought I think they might irritate, here's a senryu or two. And I've missed some great WOTD's too (Verdant, amalgam, dudgeon, paragon, aubade, succor, paterfamilias, stolid, metier, bellwether, confluence, superflous. Oh yeah.)

Word of the Day for Tuesday March 28, 2006

superfluous \soo-PUR-floo-uhs\, adjective:
More than is wanted or is sufficient; rendered unnecessary by
superabundance; unnecessary; useless; excessive.
Kids And Work
Exercise, Home Improvement
Energy Is Not Superfluous


B Sells...Out!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

House dogs are good dogs. I love the shot of the kid-in-case. "I was birthed inta a geetar case...it'n was my destiny."

PCS said...

Damn, the 6th sense was awesome! Is sketti a good skin treatment?

Jackson Curtis said...

Personally I think The Village had a much worse ending than Sixth Sense.

B-Wizz said...

Basketti seems to be a pretty damn good skin treatment. Connor's got the skin of a baby...

I think, that with the sole exception of "Unbreakable," every single one of M. Night's movies have been complete and utter shit. And even Unbreakable was no cinematic tour de force.

Jackson Curtis said...

I really liked Signs, but the others were "myeh" if not outright crap.