Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Garden In My Garden

The Three Sisters And The SunflowersRecovering RhubarbThe GardenThe GardensLong Grass and Apple TreeOr Ash?

What you see:
The Corn/Legume/Gourd garden (ie The Three Sisters) The Recoverin' Rhubarb (It got massively chopped back because of aphids and wiltage). The "normal garden" which Cindy weeded for me. Both gardens. The part of the yard I didn't mow, complete with apple tree and fire pit. And the Cat - should we name him "Dirt" or "Ash?" Dirt seems to be the one that's sticking...

The legumes in the normal garden don't seem to be as tall and grandiose as I remember at my Uncle Vernon's growing up - I'm sure it has nothing to do with my being gone for two weeks instead of being around to lovingly stake them out. But they are producing many, many, delicious pods.

No comments: