Monday, June 13, 2005

It's Hotter Than A...

Geez, it's been muggy in my neck of the woods. I can't go outside and do much, because sweat runs out of like wine does from that magical fountain I have in my basement. Inside isn't much better, but at least we have ceiling fans to move the "air" around. The gardens are growing well - most of the plants are up. I need to replace my tomato plants, though. I saw someone with them planted in 5 gallon buckets during an extended walk yesterday, and that looks like a pretty good plan of action. We need a lawn mower - yesterday evening I opened the back door and distinctly heard monkeys chattering and the sound of far off headhunter drums. Seriously though, it's higher than my knee in many places, I don't even know if the average lawn mower could handle it.

And now the air conditioning in our lab is off again. I bid you adieu.

DSCN1142

The INH I'm on for the thing I shouldn't talk about is starting to mess with me a bit, I think. At least there's no GI upset...Yet. Hooray for me!

If drinkin' coffee's your idea of really cool
You can't expect no crazy chick to notice you

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you doing with the dos and don't with the INH??
Do not drink alcohol . . . Do not use aluminum-containing antacids or laxatives . . . Do take vitamin B6. Doesn't sound like so much fun to me. 9 months of this med. will make for a LONG sobering winter!!! Good Luck with it!
- Sara

Unknown said...

I tried the bucket tomatoes back when we were living in a rental and looking to buy a place. It's a great idea...except...well, the roots get exposed to far more drastic temperature extremes since they don't get the moderating goodness of the earth. They grew, but we had to water them like crazy, and the fruit yield was piss poor.

B-Wizz said...

I only have 6 months. It's not so bad, except for that socked in the gut feeling I get about an hour after getting up in the morning, and 2-3 times throughout the day.

Anonymous said...

YUCK, I'm not good at taking medicine for 2 weeks let alone months at a time, especially w/ negative side effects! At least the weather is getting nicer and you're going on vacation soon - time flies when you're having fun right?!?!?
- Sara