Monday, June 27, 2005

I Am Alone

As most of you know, Cindy has left me. She packed her bags, took the kids, and went...But I meet up with her in a week for a much needed (and hopefully deserved) vacation. And boy howdy is our house big, quiet, and empty. It's quite unusual now to not have kids under foot. Those of you who knew me as the perennial bachelor of three years ago may find it hard to imagine, but I hardly know what to do with myself. I've embarked on some cleaning, need to do some more DIY around the house, and would love to do some yard work - if I could only stop sneezing for 5 seconds. I think I burst a blood vessel in my eye. What purpose is it that allergies serve?

Our hot, humid weather has returned, and with it the pollen is out in force. On Saturday the drive from here to Albany and back was made all the more beautiful by the gentle blue overtone of mountains and the state capital in their respective distances - all caused by the insane amount of moisture in the air. If I run the ceiling fans downstairs at full tilt and open windows on either side of the house, it's comfortable on the couch in the evening. But going upstairs to bed is like stepping into a sauna.

Here's some pictures - limited supply, Cindy has the camera. I don't know how much posting I'll be able to do whilst in Warshington, but I should have pictures of the trip when all is said and done.

Word

DSCN1219
Adorable, idn't he?
DSCN1220
Chomp!

To give some scale to the drill bits I posted pictures of a while back...
DSCN1225
The angry look...
DSCN1226
Watch out! He'll get cha! That rascool. Fortunately I don't think the thing could drill through butter - I tried it on some wood and it didn't do very well.

(Insert song lyrics here - I'm listening to jazz right now, so I don't have any catchy choruses running through my head like most of the time - skeediddlyboowop)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Uhm. Hello propaganda. WTF?

Anyhow. I was reading in USA Today (I know, a shitty paper, but it comes free with our hotel rooms) that some huge pressure bubble over Bermuda is sending tropically moist and hot air up your direction. How shitty is that?

My allergies are finally over, having paid for another Claritan employees yearly wage.

Isn't it crazy how lost you get when the family (or wife) is gone?