Friday, January 30, 2009

Ephemera

Is that a real person there in the left hand side of the frame? Did someone's thumb get in front of the camera lens? Am I afraid of the mutants now?



















Here's an idea. Let's try to get people to stop getting loaded and punching on their wives...By letting them pretend that they're punching on their wives while they're getting loaded.


I kind of miss living in a place where you'd see guys (and they're almost universally male) like this "practicing" in the local parks. The only excusable thing about this video is that some of these kids seem young enough that it's not too cringe inducing, and the hope for our future is that they'll grow out of it (a few of them do! I hope!). Although it concerns me a bit that they're running around with foam covered weapons and yet still timidly hopping around like a bunch of bunny rabbits. Let me tell you though, it's a breathtaking event (mostly because I was laughing so hard and trying my damnedest not too) to see a 4oolb man dressed in kilt and other "authentic" garb giving lessons on "sword play," in broad daylight, in public, with weaponry made out of PVC pipe and pipe insulators. It's also an interesting experience to walk home from the local pub with a slight buzz on a warm spring evening, taking a shortcut through a town park, and suddenly realize that you've unwittingly stepped into the middle of a group of black clad denizens of the night out re-enacting a vampire battle. At least that's what I tell myself they were doing.

No comments: