Thursday, March 11, 2010

Aw, Shucks

Over the last year and a half or so, in the course of my never ending quest to advance as a musician, I taught myself how to read music. So now I spend my lunch breaks playing scales and doing classical exercises and occasionally learning a rock n' roll song (or more often, just the solo) in the hopes that I'll develop decent chops at some point. Then I stay up too late and see something like this, and I think "f&@% it, I should just be bashing out power chords and having fun." I'm way to cerebral to try and put together songs or arrangements like this myself, but balls out, straight a head rock frickin' kills.



That's an Elvis Costello song (I really wanted to post the cover of Bowie's "Queen Bitch" that they did on Fallon's show, but YouTube's pulled it down). These two guys are from Supergrass - another band that I like very much - in their cover's based side project, The Hot Rats. Check 'em out.

No comments: