Friday, April 11, 2008

The Title Belongs Here. The Author Belongs Nowhere.

IMG_0970.JPG
View of Lower/Middle Saranac (I think?) I took on the way home from work the other night - ice out is coming (it's already here on the bodies of water that are shallow or have a current of some sort)!
IMG_0964.JPG
I am a bobot! Destroy...
IMG_0965.JPG
...Destroy! I am a bobot!
IMG_0960.JPG
'Choo looking at me, mang? I don' think 'choo should do that, esse.
IMG_0961.JPG
I go crazy, mang. I kill for fun, vato.
IMG_0955.JPG
Ah. I just want to get mellow, homes.
download
Look at the handsome kids, and ignore the ugly a**hole on the left-hand side. The scraggly beard has gone, but alas the crooked teeth remain as they always were.

I'm not the biggest fan of the blues. Sure, I can appreciate it as an art-form, and who doesn't like a little SRV or Jimi? Even some delta blues is pretty cool, but for the most part I find it to be sort of boring. But. The other night I was watching PBS (because I'm lame) and they had the 2007 Crossroads highlight reel on, and I saw this, and I was left bowing at the altar of the blues. It gave me chills, man. Chills. But I won't vouch for the YouTube video's quality!

Johnny Winter - Highway 61

2 comments:

Jackson Curtis said...

Does he really call them "bobots"? That's awesome!

That video is cool. I sent it to one my friends who plays guitar and is into all different kinds of music. He had this to say;

That my friend is living legend Johnny Winters. A true Icon in American Blues. Not the commercial success his brother Edger was (Free Ride,Frankenstine, also an Albino). We should find him in the halls of the Smithsonian. Please share that video with our Rock 101/110 brothers. And thank your brother for a wonderful find.

Bryan and Audrey said...

You should check out a band called The Black Keys, blues influenced rock, super cool stuff.