Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Couple Of Headlines, Maybe a Video?

I can't tell you how much I love this story. The sheer absurdity (and awesomeness) of it all really warms my heart. God bless you, Chuck Norris. Disclaimer: This was my first exposure to worldnetdaily. I'm not, by any stretch of the term, a very liberal person. Or a very conservative one. Holy shit, are there really people out there that believe the kind of crap they have in their headlines?

You mean this isn't legal any more?

That's just creepy.

I've been putting the Rugby World Cup replays up on the computer for a little background noise while I'm reading some papers (the schedule's been pretty light so I've been making myself busy with some other projects) and one of my favorite new things is that now, whenever some of the ruggers start to get into a dust-up on the field, the commentators will say something like "looks like there's some handbags going on down there." The reason it's funny? This.

Finally, can anyone tell me what the name of the Greek song played at the very beginning of this video is? (Or the name of that generic instrumental Hawaiian song I hear on commercials and in movies all the time that goes "ooh ooh wee ooh"?)

1 comment:

Jackson Curtis said...

I'm surprised that we aren't seeing news footage of Chuck handing out beat downs like Halloween candy to the insurgents over there.

He's quite adept at drowning people and kicking them out windows as evidenced by his fine performances in The Octagon and Streets of Rage.