Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My Friends That Live Out Of Doors

New month, more space on the Flickr account, I'm a happy man-child.

Every spring, for about three weeks, I get to see all sorts of neat and amazing organisms here in the ADK's. Before that, it's too ball-freezing cold for anything alive to be out wandering around, and after that the greenery starts to get too tall and too thick to see anything. Here's some pictures of the little pals that I met this year.

IMG_1329.JPG
Every year when I pull the visqueen off of the garden, there's always at least one toad and one garter snake. This year I was not disappointed (although the toad I saw last year was an absolute giant compared to the guy hidden in there this year). This little fella/lady ate a worm while Ethan watched - which I caught on video...Hmmm...maybe I'll run to my office and try to YouTube that real quick like...Nope...No more YouTube uploads at work...Frown.
IMG_1333.JPG
The toad. He offered me two bits if I would let him marry my miniature daughter. I didn't know what on earth he was talking about.
IMG_1340.JPG
Not the greatest of pictures here, but this was the first live porcupine I've seen outside of a zoo. Usually they have been well-flattened by the time I get to see them.
IMG_1343.JPG
He was crossing the road, so I hopped out and chased him down and took some pictures. Little bastards can really waddle pretty fast, and it didn't take him long to climb pretty high into that tree.
IMG_1336.JPG
ALBINO MOTH! This moth insisted that his name was Edgar. Wink.

No comments: